View Single Post
SandeeAR 06:39 AM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I am not going to flame you. BUT I am also not going to start a religious debate with you, either. My beliefs are my own and they have no place here--I'm not sure I've even ever said whether or not I'm Christian and I plan not to ever say specifically because *it should not matter*. In fact, as far as I know, *my daycare families* aren't even sure what my religious beliefs are.

SandeeAR, would it sit better with you if I said simply that I plan to teach an overview of many of the major world celebrations that occur at this time of year? What do YOU think is a fair, simple way to present your holiday of choice (Christmas)? What is a way that it could be presented so that it would not be offensive if YOUR child were in my (non-religious) daycare? This is exactly the reason I posted the thread in the first place...to get opinions and input from people with beliefs that may be different from mine.

Please, share what you think--politely, please.
To start, I don't believe anything I have said has been done in an Unpolite way. That would not be my personality to do so. I do appreciate not being flamed, (so far). I also have no interest in starting a religious debate with you.

My point is, you can't say you aren't going to do the religious parts of CHRISTmas and then do the regligious parts of another religion. Taking CHRIST out of a CHRISTmas celebration, then you need to take the menorah out of your Jewish celebration. See what I mean? Why exclude one and not the other? They are both a religion? As for the other holidays, I'm not commenting on them, b/c I don't know enough about them to comment.

It is talked about all the time on this board, about needing a backbone. I'm simply showing my backbone for my Christian beliefs by not letting this get by without comment.

Regardless of anyones belief, I would not be much of a Christian, if I didn't stand up for my believes would I?

I've stated my views on the subject, so I'm walking away now before this thread gets turned into something I did not intend for it too.