View Single Post
MCC 06:59 AM 12-06-2013
OP- I just ran into this same situation last week. My husband and I both had to be at an appointment, and I had to hire a sub. I stressed about it for 2 weeks, b/c I didn't want to inconvenience the parents by closing, but I also didn't want to leave my assistant alone with 6 kids. So I had my cleaning lady (who is here every Wednesday morning for 5 hours cleaning) stay with her. I have a background and CPS check on her b/c she is here during care hours cleaning. I met her when she was a previous client's nanny. She almost always stops in the daycare room to play with the kids when she is here cleaning.

I sent out an email on Monday letting parents know that she would be here with the kids and with my assistant for 3 hours on Wednesday. One DCM was very upset. She ended up taking the morning off and not bringing DCB in, which negated me needing to hire the extra help. It really has been eating at my heart b/c I feel that she didn't trust my judgment. I left my own child here that morning, so I obviously felt comfortable with the situation.

I just feel that in a center, the providers are often supported by new assistants, so what is the difference really? I'm still not sure I want to keep this family here after that.

Good luck OP!