View Single Post
Controlled Chaos 03:14 PM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by daycare:
I know you didn't ask me, but I would just tell the parent.

due to the stress that pick up and drop off time causes, parents need to be very proactive about informing the child of when they will be dropped off and picked up. Parents need to rip it off like a band-aid, the faster they drop and leave, the faster the child will normally transition.

I would make certain that you do tell them that you are very concerned that it MAY not work out and therefore, you are requiring a two week paid trial. I would say something like:

I want for everyone to be comfortable in our program and happy with our services, however, the person that will be affected by this change the most will be the child. To make sure that this new schedule will work for the child, I am requiring a two week paid trial period. During this time I will be observing to make certain that the child is adjusting well and that this new schedule works well for everyone, including me.

After the two weeks, you will evaluate the situation and decide if it's something that you can work with. I would also add in that at anytime it the child starts having issues with it that you may need to term.

The main reason i would not do this, (just some caution) is that if you let this family do it, you have to let all families do it and you could find yourself in a huge disastrous situation.