View Single Post
MunchkinWrangler 10:15 AM 09-20-2016
Originally Posted by LostMyMarbles:
I have had many thoughtout the years leave for preschool and come back latter in the day. It's only a couple of hours two or three days a week. I change the full rate...I am a mom. I get schedule changes. I don't think it's a huge deal for a child to leave for a great opportunity and to return later. I'm flexible, life happens. I can either be a uptight and ridged or go with the flow. I choose the flow. I have moved my lunch time slightly to accommodate. I look at things like this...if this was MY child, what would I do? My parents love the fact I am understanding.

If you run a tight ship and stick to a ridged schedule, then this situation is not for you.

If you want to keep this family, I don't feel bending is so terrible. Maybe having them pack a lunch to eat on the way.
I think the concern with multiple pick ups and drop offs isn't necessarily concerning the child being picked up/dropped off but the chaos it causes with this situation.

My kids GO NUTS and I mean get up from what they are doing, put on a show for the parent dropping off/picking up, they want to talk, say hi, jump on the couch, etc. I don't have an environment where the children are separated from that.

I think the above is the main concern for disrupting the schedule. You have to consider if the group of children/environment you have can handle this transaction.