View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:12 AM 12-22-2016
Originally Posted by Sumshine:
That is interesting! My licensor told me specifically otherwise about it and I wrote it down! My emergency back up is my MIL and she is an ER Trauma nurse on the weekends so she already had everything I needed to be my emergency back up but at my licensing meeting my licensor definitely made it a point about my husband not being able to provide emergency care without CPR, SUIDS & AHT. I will read the rules and regs abut it because my husband does not work in the winter and if there was a true emergency he would be the best asset during the winter time rather than calling my MIL out
I am a major rule follower....I know the rules/regulations for our state by heart... (I've been known to correct my licensor )

Anyways, here is the written rule:

245A.50 FAMILY CHILD CARE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS.

Subd. 4.Cardiopulmonary resuscitation

(b) A family child care provider is exempt from the CPR training requirement in this subdivision related to any substitute caregiver who provides less than 30 hours of care during any 12-month period.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=245A.50

It is important to understand the different definitions of caregivers so that the correct trainings and requirements can be applied.

License Holder: An individual or individuals who have been issued a family child care license to provide family child care. The “License Holder(s)” is/are legally responsible for operation of the child care and following all of the requirements of the license. This means you are also considered the Controlling Individual(s).

Assistant Caregiver: A person who provides care in your licensed family child care home more than 30 times in the period of 12 months. They are not a license holder or a controlling individual. The license holder may or may not be present while the assistant caregiver is providing care.

Substitute Caregiver: A person who provides care in your licensed family child care home less than 30 times in the period of 12 months. The license holder may or may not be present when the substitute caregiver is providing care. This includes emergency caregivers that you have identified to provide care in case of emergency.

Helper: A person at least 13 years of age and less than 18 years of age who assists the provider with the care of the children. They cannot be the provider of care in your absence.

So depending on the capacity in which your husband provides care, he MAY or MAY NOT be required to have specific trainings.

Here is a handy reference sheet that outlines it fairly well:
https://www.co.dakota.mn.us/HealthFa...quirements.pdf