View Single Post
Ariana 03:44 PM 09-05-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I saw him with mom and sister present for about 1 hour. He seemed a little physically and socially delayed but otherwise I didn't see any huge red flags. Made eye contact, put EVERYTHING in his mouth, was loud, etc. Mom says he says a few words at home (momma, dadda, apple, cup) and a few others that I cannot remember at this moment but I have not heard one word from him. Just occasional pointing and babbling. Usually when mom has picked up and is holding him.
It was the same with the kid I had. Much more animated when she was here. This literally went on for over a year because it was so confusing. Towards the end I invited her in for a chat and at that point I knew so much about ASD I could see the subtler signs. He would push toys into her rather than giving or showing them. She would speak to him like he was 6 months old and the only response he could give was to repeatedly ask her questions "blue car?" She was a teacher and an ECE somit made it all the more confusing for me. Why didn't she see what I was seeing!

My only advice is to keep an eye on it. It will soon become blatantly obvious that something is going on (if it is in fact developmental) My little guys started at 16 months and I knew for sure at around 2.5 yrs.