View Single Post
SunshineMama 06:04 AM 10-05-2012
Originally Posted by Qpmomma:
So, I found out from my daughter's teacher that a mom from her old daycare came in, said she was my friend and tried to take my daughter out of the daycare! I don't really know this woman! Luckily, my daughter's teacher told her she couldn't take her because she wasn't on the pick up list and I never said she was picking her up. The woman got really up set and seemed shocked and the teacher told her to leave.

I got this lady's phone number and called her and threatened her and told her if she showed up again the police will be called. She acted shocked and said she wanted to take her to lunch. I told her we are NOT friends, our kids are NOT friends and to stay away from my child.

My husband thought about calling the police and pulling our daughter out of daycare. Of course I told her nope, she will stay there. But I am afraid if I call the police they will go to the daycare and cause a big stir and upset everyone. Plus, I already confronted the lady. I feel that because I confronted her and got my point across the police don't need to get involved. I think people are too willing to call the cops in certain situations if they can handle it themselves.

What do you guys think, as mothers and daycare providers?
I would still call the police. As a daycare provider and mom who has a child in preschool, if anyone tried to take my daughter from school I would freak out. Especially if I didnt know them. I allow family members, and my best friend to pick up my daughter and thats it. Thats so scary! I wonder if she has done that before?