View Single Post
professionalmom 07:56 PM 08-09-2010
I love your question especially when you have the "name" tenderhearts. Maybe your heart is a tad too tender. The $5 per day is leaving yourself WIDE open for issues. I had $5 per hour for OT in my contract. If it's only going to be an extra hour, then it works out to $5 per hour. But the next thing you know, they will need you for an extra 1.5 hours, then 2 hours, then 2.5 hours, then 3 hours. There will ALWAYS be a reason. But $5 for 2 hours is $2.50 per hour (definitely NOT OT pay, may not even be the regular pay). Then the 3 hours ends up being $1.66 per hour! For OT!! If you usually have $5 per hour for OT, I could see giving them a break and only charging $4 per hour or something like that. But it should be a per hour rate to protect yourself from being taken advantage of.

As for your husband, tell him this IS business and IN business, you can never be too precise, careful, or documented. Maybe he needs to be reminded that this is your business, that you are a daycare OWNER, an entrepreneur, a business woman. Remind him that you are NOT a babysitter. Your mortgage company, landlord, bank (where you have loans or credit cards), utility companies, etc. would not allow a verbal adjustment without following it up in writing. However, I do think the addendum is sufficient as long as it is signed by the client(s) and you. Also make sure everything is dated.