View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:22 PM 02-28-2014
Originally Posted by missT:
So I'm planning to open a daycare center in a commercially zoned building. The problem is it might take a while to find the right building. I was thinking of having a smaller in home daycare until I get everything set up for the commercial one. My question is do those of you with home daycares have a certain part of your home sectioned off (like a basement) or do you use most of your home and just close off certain rooms? Just trying to figure out how that would work since I know a little bit more about commercial centers than home daycares. Thanks!
I run my daycare out of a separate home (house, not commercial).

I don't live here, just have daycare here. Maybe you could try that route first and then plan to move to a larger facility as your business grows?

I don't know about regulations in Utah but I know in some states you can't own a separate house but I am glad they allow it in my state because there is NO WAY I would still be in business (or even opened in the first place) if I had to do this in my own home.

I have TONS of respect for family providers who do this in their homes without separate space. It is NOT something I could do.