View Single Post
craftymissbeth 09:06 AM 11-25-2014
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Only you know whether you should stay or go. Here's what I can say about this:

10 children and your 14 month old was one of the oldest at her last in-home? That is atrocious! It's WAY too many babies for one person to handle. If you are considering going back to an in-home care (which I would recommend), then find one that is registered or licensed-this ensures that they are inspected and most likely will have an appropriate number of kids.

At 14-months, it's definitely time to give up the bottle-that shouldn't be an issue. The nap mat? My state recommends that kids go on cots or mats at 12 months-that COULD be a state requirement where you live. If your 14-month old is ABLE to sit at a table and eat with a spoon, then this is perfectly appropriate-there's no reason to hand feed a child who doesn't need to be and if she is ABLE to sit on a chair at a table, then she should. Cereal is perfectly appropriate for a 14 month old, barring developmental issues.

The fact that the center appears dirty is an issue. The fact that they don't seem to be providing diaper changes/nose wiping when needed is an issue.

As far as the daily sheets? I'm sure it's not negligence, but dishonestly-they're probably claiming your daughter ate breakfast so that they can be reimbursed by the food program for her meal.

If you're not comfortable with the center, then find a different situation-a better center or a different in-home. I would NOT go back to the old in-home if your child was one of the oldest-that situation is just not good, IMO.