View Single Post
mac60 06:09 PM 01-21-2010
Our policies are:
They will drop off and pick up at daycare as long as it is a consistent schedule. No today, not tomorrow type of thing. It has to be a set schedule, except for the occassional time when a parent or family member is taking to school or dropping off because student has to take something into school like a project, etc.

I have a kindy and a first grader........The bus driver must visually see a person at the home before they will drop off. The first grader.....the bus driver does the same for her although I am not sure is required.

My question is: Are the kids dropped at your home on a consistent schedule? If not, I would think that is part of the problem. There should be some consistency in the schedules. It sounds like there needs to be better communication between school and the parents. I would be upset with the school too, as a parent and as a provider. They should of made a call before forcing her to go to her home.

We had an indicent several years ago with an elementary age boy in a local school district. For weather reasons, school was left out early. The bus driver dopped 10 yr old boy off, no one was home and he was locked out. He tried to climb thru a window and the window came down on him and somehow he got caught in the window, couldn't get on thru, and was killed. The school was sued. They no longer let schools out early here.

Please let us know what happens with this.