View Single Post
Blackcat31 03:43 PM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by Logged out:
In response to Crystal, who recommended getting out of the business completely if you feel that out of control, I do agree. If it's just not a good fit for you, it's just not, and no amount of movies, assistants, or anything is going to make it perfect, and the safety of the kids and your own mental health is most important.
This is so very true! If you have any inkling that you think you mught be a bit "too rough" or even a "little too mean", then it is definitely time for a break.

Most providers who have small children of their own at home are doing child care because they really WANT to be at home with their children and not be away from them for the majority of the day.

The first time a child is hurt in your care due to a little "too much roughness" or a second or two that you closed your tired, stressed out eyes will garner you ALOT longer away from your kids than a few hours a day.

Too many GOOD providers are serving time or criminally charged for just that one day where you are too frazzled, too stressed or too tired.......

Many of these women are good, loving, kind hearted people who truly were fantastic providers.....just too proud or embarrassed or ashamed to admit, they needed a break.

It IS ok to say, I need a break or I can't do this anymore.

Originally Posted by Logged out:
I've been trying to set up a separate business that I can do from home so I can still be home with my daughter but can bring in some income - maybe you could brainstorm other work you could do from home besides childcare?
This is a very good point that I don't see mentioned often, but if your ultimate goal is to be with your children and work from home, there ARE many other options out there.

It just requires a little research and a little digging to find one(career/job) that would work for you.

We read/see stories every day about people who found ways to raise their children without having a 9-5 job.