View Single Post
mickey2 06:45 AM 01-18-2011
For me there is NOTHING that drives me battier than when kids come in the morning and they are so tired that they can't function. I have 2 like this and it is EVERYDAY!

I have a dcg who will be 4 in March. She comes in just miserably tired, very moody and other kids can't even look at her. She gets a bit better as soon as her mom leaves but while mom is here she is just nasty. Grunting and groaning and whining if anyone else so much as looks at her! She has this sound that she makes like an uuuuuuuuhhhh (whiny) while mom is trying to get her coat and boots off and takes her sweet time when she can clearly do this herself. I have started putting her in her bed to "find her happy mood" and she is not allowed to come out until she has found it. If she loses it again she has to go back and sleep. I tell her this now right in front of mom because this is ridiculous in the morning. We have free play in the morning for about a half hour and she basically just follows the others/mopes around lays on the floor and can't find anything to do unless it is with someone else and then is so bossy! My other one a dcb 2 years old comes in every morning hardly able to stand up on his own. Mom hands him off to me because all he wants to do is lay on her shoulder. When mom leaves I bring him to the play area and he lies on the floor. Mom always says oh he had a bottle! A bottle???? Can you say LAZY!!!!!!!!! The kid is 2 years and 4 months old. By the way I am the one who potty trained his brother who was 3 1/2! The kids run their parents! They let their kids up so late at night and then the next day they are zombies!!

After our half hour of free play, all the children color or paint or play with play doh. These two have no interest, they just sit there and have an empty blank look, they are so tired! No matter what we do they are like this all morning!

Both are totally different children after their naps in the afternoon but they both drive me nuts until then. The boy is not so bad he just sits or lays on the floor very quiet. Girl just has to be a pain in the butt to everyone.

I would put them for a nap immediately when they come in as they need it but then I would not get a break at all during the day as the other 4 all sleep in the afternoon.

I am not sure what to do unless I put them for a nap first thing in the am and then put them in a separate room in the afternoon while the others nap and they can watch tv until the others wake up. I do not allow TV. It is only on for a 1/2 hour in the am from 7 30-8 while my own ds is getting ready for school and then it is on during pickups from 4-430 pm. (These 2 LOVE TV. They will sit and watch it ALL day!)

I guess I am just at my wits end today! Why is it that parents think its okay for their kids to not get enough rest?