View Single Post
mickey2 09:25 AM 01-18-2011
Originally Posted by lvt77:
I feel your pain. I teach a preschool program here at my DC. I have one DCB 3 that comes every morning begging to go to sleep as soon as he gets her at 8:45am. Falls asleep at the breakfast table, during dance time, outside free play, just about everywhere and anywhere you could think of. The bad part is that then the parents complain that he is not learning anything??????? I have asked what time does DCB go to bed, they tell me 10:30-11 pm and wakes about 7am????? I have asked if its possible for DCB to go to bed any earlier, but they day it does not suit their schedule?
I still ask this child to lie at nap time and read if not tired. Fortunate for me, DCB is capable of doing this.
Isn't that crazy? 11 pm!!! What is wrong with these parents???? My dcg comes in while the TV is on in the morning as my son watches while getting ready for school. It is on from 7 30-8 only! Dcg comes in as he is leaving. As soon as he leaves it goes off! She just wants to get herself so comfy and lie there watching TV and really complains when I turn it off. I tell her no we don't watch TV we listen to music and play. Then the complaining starts! I ignore it and she pouts and I ignore that. I know she is just tired. That is when I often tell her that she is going to go to bed and find her happy mood if she doesn't stop. 1/2 the time she does end up having to go find her happy mood. I tell her when she finds it she can come out. She comes out but mopes around ALL morning. Tomorrow she is going for a nap within a half hour of her getting here! Every single day when I do put her down for a nap between 12 30 and 1 pm she does not even get her whole body into the bed before she passes out. And I mean passed out! Really gone! And she can sleep for 3 or more hours if I let her.