View Single Post
Unregistered 06:29 AM 01-08-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Many, many companies pay for someone else to do a job that needs to be done when someone is on vacation or off of work sick.

In fact, I can't think of many companies that don't.

Do you have a paid vacation? Do you have paid sick days at work?
Why shouldn't a provider have those same benefits?
The point is that if providers want the same benefits the corporations provide, then go work for a corporation! i paid my daycare provider (who only watches my two kids) for a total of 2 1/2 months of paid time-off! 3 weeks which we were not obligated to pay for since no where in the contract does it state she gets paid for time-off requested by her. She told my wife yes she gets paid 1/2 the rate for time off, however, I just found my contract and read through it, should I go back and request those funds back? The point is daycare providers work for us and should not abuse time off and we should show compassion as well since they are reliant on these checks. You need to talk to your provider to clear up what is and is not in the contract. In my case, I met with my provider and had no problem adding clause alloting the provider 5 paid days (at normal rate) with additional days within the same calendar year not requiring payment. Also stating that its the 'client's responsibility to find and fund alternative care during that time.