View Single Post
Familycare71 05:17 PM 09-10-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
I'd tell the parents that a child that self harms warrants an immediate call to EMS/law enforcement. There is no way I'd assume responsibility for a child who.chokes themselves, especially while I had other children in my care.

No joke, I'd be calling 911 and letting the parents sort it out OFF your premises.

Then is term and suggest they get her some serious psychological help immediately.
Willow- it is HER child!
Wow- there is def something going on... Have you talked to your Ped about it? The good news about holding your breath is if your good enough to do it once you pass out you breath again- so she can't do permanent damage... But the fact that she is doing it -in itself- is a behavior concern.
You need intervention for her... If you have talked to the Ped and they didnt follow through you need to schedule a consult and explain how severe the behavior is! Sounds like she needs help beyond what you can manage-
As for dc parents I would talk to them and share what you are doing to try and control the behavior. Also what you are doing to get treatment and what you do to protect their children while they are in your care. Generally I would t suggest talking to families about personal issues but because of her age she is part of the group.
Have you done anything that does seem to work with her? Maybe we can build on that
Ill look at the other post again too - maybe that will help refresh my memory...
I encourage you to register- your a provider and need ideas and support-
in the meantime!! Hang in there!