View Single Post
llpa 10:36 AM 04-29-2014
Are they your only two in care? I think you should still continue to show gentle touching but after you remove her from the situation. She needs to know "stop! That hurts!" And "this is how we touch our friends" using a doll not the other dcg. I would separate for a little while by having her near you or in another area, saying "when we hit friends we can't play with them right now". While she is separated, I would give her only one toy. Dcg2 may just need to learn to trust you more. If you feel that she doesn't you are prob right but that's her not you kwim? Maybe try playing games or puzzles or babies together where she is interacting with you but doesn't have to be touched by you. If dcg1 is having issues and dcg2 overhears and sees everything that is happening between you and dcg1, she may be a little anxious that you will treat her the same way, even tho dcg1 needs to be somewhat disciplined. Dcg2 would not understand the difference yet and just needs to realize that you and she will have your own way of being together. I always feel bad when a child is so untrusting. But you can still comfort w words of sympathy etc. It is a hard age, as time out doesn't work
I feel separation when needed and redirection constantly is what dcg1 needs. Good luck!