View Single Post
marniewon 12:11 PM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by momofsix:
OK i'll bite on this one
why would I choose to spank my child when I can find another option for a daycare child-why wouldn't I use that same option for my own child--this is the question, correct?
1. just because something "works" temporarily for a dck, doesn't mean it actually is going to stop any behaviors permanently. ie. distracting a child does nothing to teach him his behavior is wrong-yet it's one of the "experts" favorite tools
2. I am responsible to God and to society (now and in the future) for the behavior of MY children, not the daycare children I have for a short time.
3. I am responsable for providing an environment for dcks that is a different environment from the one I need to provide for my own children in many ways, discipline being only one.
4 My children are my LIFE -although I love my dcks to bits, they are not the same as my own, and I don't think anyone other than a parent should spank a child-the relationship is not the same and the love that is involved in a spankng done correctly would not be there for a child that is not your own
I'm sure if I took the time, i could answer this better, but this is what i've come up with off the top of my head. I hope this explains it for you
(also remember that just because this is true for me, doesn't mean it's true for everyone that believes in the value of spanking)
I couldn't have said it better! This is exactly how I feel.