View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 10:38 AM 12-30-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I need some help. I recently opened a family childcare which is located in my basement. I have one part time child who come three days a week for 3 hours. I figured it would be the perfect, slow transition for my SAH toddler who is 26 months. When we are down there alone, she will play and have a blast. She loves seeing the little girl that comes (they are the same age.) And she seems happy and excited. But my toddler does not listen very well at all when we're in the daycare. She runs and smacks into walls and crawls under the table, uder the easel, etc. She protests for diaper changes and will throw a fit! The other child looks in horror but has also started to do the same behaviors. (Running and hitting my wall/door)

I pretty much know why my little one is doing this- she's not used to sharing me, she's not used to a playmate, not used to being in a smaller space (she usually has the run of the house and land outside.) But I dont know HOW to help. I've talked to her about the behavior before going into the daycare. I've been consistent about telling her I dont like the behaviors when she's doing it. I've started with "time out" as well but yesterday she had like 3 time outs in an hour

This was my dream- to have my own toddler and open my own daycare/preschool. But my little one is making me second guessing my dream. Help
Relax. It's normal for there to be an adjustment period. Of course our kids don't want to share us!!! And your kiddo is at a tough age anyway.

Saying that, you need to be consistent and firm related to the behavior. But reward the good and sneak in lots of extra snuggles.