View Single Post
daycare57 12:57 PM 09-12-2015
She was 1, new to child care, had only ever been with her mom & grandma. She couldn't/wouldn't settle down and go to sleep when I put her in a playpen, so when she fell asleep in the rocker I let her stay in it, and had done so previously for that reason. Had I moved her to her bed after she went to sleep, she would have woken up and started crying all over again, been there, tried that, didn't work for any of us!
Supervision is basically based on age of child, your experience with child, layout of home, physical proximity & visual and/or auditory awareness.
She was 1, new to the world of children & me, including my home, which is all an open floor plan, I was 15 feet from the balcony that overlooked her in the living room, which means I was clearly in range to hear her. Inspectors have always told me that as long as no door is closed between me & the child, it was fine. I don't live in a large home, about 2100 sq feet on 2 floors. I am not allowed to care for children on the 2nd floor, but nowhere does it say I am not allowed to go there.