View Single Post
CityGarden 09:13 PM 09-29-2016
Originally Posted by daycare:
I do 18m to 5yr only.

I think the only draw back that I can see with the younger ages is that you can have less kids. I dont take younger kids becuase when I did many moons ago, I found it was harder to adjust them and get them on the same routine as even a child 6mo older than them.

I love that I do preschool only. All of my kids right now are 2.5 to 4.5. I love these ages. They all mesh well together, we have split groups and it works out great for me and my staff.

Are you going to increase to a large license? I live in a 1200sf home and have a large child care.
That is promising.... I do read quite a bit of your post Daycare and find them helpful. love this

Start up cost wise it would be cheaper for me to do a preschool set up since I can use tons of items I have left over from teaching plus I think I would enjoy it more. Infants / young toddlers would require the purchase of equipment (high chairs, pack n plays or cribs, maybe a swing if CA allows them) which I would rathe not purchase if I can avoid it.

That said from reading this forum and looking at post elsewhere there seems to always be demand for infant care. Finance wise I could charge more for infants so I could make my target income with 4 infants/young toddlers with the older set I would need 5-6 children to reach that same amount.

18 months is a great entry point, catching them even before they are 2 years old.