Thread: New Forum!
View Single Post
dolores 12:28 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Michael:
There are mostly three reasons I started the new forum:
1) The old forum is becoming obsolete.
It is not mobile-ready and most of our users are on smart phones these days. The new forum accommodates all devices.

2) The old forum is not ranked on Google searches as well as before because it is not mobile-ready. Because of that, we are seeing less visitors and other mobile-ready childcare forums or websites are getting the traffic. Even though our forum is the most comprehensive and knowledgeable childcare conversational forum in the country.

3) our database of information is so large that it will not migrate to the new program even though it’s the same program. The servers and platforms that run it are no longer supported. Sventually the server will cease to function and the forum may disappear. I will keep trying to preserve it as long as I can.

Because it’s the best kept secret, visitors come here amazed that they have been in on the web and in childcare for decades an never knew we existed. That’s how much Google is restricting the old forum.

We bow to the web masters and conform with the new forum. It would be great to started getting high listing placement again from search engines and be able to move new members to read and learn from the forum’s knowledgebase. That would be the best of both worlds.

So you can choose either forum depending on your needs and preferences. After all, they are both free to use.
Got it! Are DOB and email address kept undisclosed to members and non-members?