View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:18 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
You know what....you're right. I should worry less about what they do at home and more about my processes here.

They're clearly not working with me. By asking them and them lying to me it only gives them control. Is this what you're saying?

So basically I can say. We do 2 naps for babies. One at 9 and one at 1. If he has trouble with napping I'll have you come and pick him up so he doesn't continue to wake the others. That's it. No questions or inquiries about home. Is this how you're saying to approach it?
YES!!

When parents start realizing that their actions affect them they will start addressing the issue on their end.

Just as I cannot control what happens at home, I adopt the concept for here in daycare as well.

Parent says I cant' keep leaving work to pick him up.

You say "Well hopefully you are able to sleep train him at home quickly so that you don't have to continue coming to pick him up." (he sleeps more at home than daycare AND it's a parents responsibility to provide their child the tools and skills to THRIVE in daycare not just survive the day.) I stress heavily that parents are their child's FIRST and MOST important teacher.
I can only work with what I am provided. A baby that is provided the skills to sleep as they need to in care is someone I can work with as they have the skills to thrive here...make sense?

Yes, parents get upset when this type of stuff is required of them but it's THEIR child so it's THEIR job. You get better at helping them see/understand that the more you do it.

The parents that leave care...well they probably weren't the type of clients you wanted anyways so sometimes that is a good thing.

..and yes, getting too involved leaves you feeling annoyed and upset because they tell you only what you want to hear verses actually doing the hard work so stop doing their work and do YOURS.