View Single Post
Hazel 05:35 PM 12-07-2012
I am unlicensed but legal, meaning I only have 3 children unrelated to me at one time.... But my neighbor HATES me for numerous reasons (one, we believe is bc I get to be home and work and she doesn't).
She tried to report me to my local code enforcement officer and after his visit he said she has no basis for her call...she then called the police and said I (right at that moment) was abusing the kids! The police came withing 3 minutes of the call and I didn't even have kids here yet that day! I said he could wait until someone came to give personal testimony to my character but he declined saying he only came bc he HAD to ( he is well aware of this ladys bull since she has called about stupid stuff before).
She DOES constantly complain about the traffic issues outside our twin houses (usually by complaining loudly on her porch) but the traffic is also coming from the neighbor on her OTHERSIDE that also is unlicensed but ILLEGAL.. Yet she is great buddies with her! I have asked my parents to park on the side of my house since I am on the corner, so she can have the spot out front (which is TECHNICALLY in from of MY house.. But she thinks it belongs to her and has keyed MY fathers van for parking there)
It all stems from the fact that she thinks she can do whatever she wants and I stand up to her.. Like putting up a pool against my fence when the fence isn't to code for a pool! Her other neighbor is quiet and a bit timid and lets this lady walk all over her!
I looked into getting a license so I could have that sacred "piece of paper" but they said I couldn't watch children during the licensing process.... Well that won't work! I live off my income! And they said it takes about 3 months! Yea? No... So I upped my prices so I could survive off three kids and work a second job until I am in a position to be able to close to be licensed.
I follow ALL the state guidelines ( I was a director of a center for 4 years, so I am well versed) have my CPR cert, a bachelors degree and 20 years experience. I also have all my clearances including FBI.
Funny, I have been doing this for 10 years and she didn't complain until LAST winter when someone parked in her dug out spot a week after a snow storm! And it wasn't even a client in the spot! It was my heating contractor here to measure for my new boiler! They have also thrown snow onto my sidewalk bc we piled it up too high on the corner near her car!
The point is, yes, some unlicensed daycares maybe problematic, but unless you actually SEE something, why are you putting your nose where it doesn't belong? Cause that's all it is! In the daycare industry, we call that tattling! Telling on someone HOPING to get them into trouble!