View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 11:44 AM 04-25-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Do any of your daycare families pay you by mail?

I have a DCF that all of a sudden has decided to start using their online bill-pay through their bank to send payments to me. I really have no issue with this, however, last month the payment did not come by the due date, it came two days after.

It seems like this month the same thing will happen.

I don't currently have anything in my policies that discussed accepting payments by mail and if any late fees will apply.

On one hand, I feel that once it hits the post office, its out of their control, but on the other hand, I feel that I should be fair and say sorry, you will have a late fee if it is not received on time when due.

What is your policy? How would you handle this?
I would definetely talk to them and bring this up with them. They probably aren't aware of what is happening and aren't taking into consideration that it takes time to print the check and get to you.

I'd let them know that the last time they sent you the payment you got it 2 days later than when it was due and that it needs to be in your hands by the due date, not in the mail by the due date. Tell them to send the payment at least 2 days earlier than last time otherwise they will have to pay your late payment fees in addition (if you charge late payment fees).

I use my online bill-pay service all of the time and if the company I am paying gets my payment late because it doesn't reach them in time I bet I'd get a late payment fee too. It's no different with you .