View Single Post
Mom2Two 02:10 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
These are the "helpful hints".
  • "Omit all or part of holiday activities and celebrations from the curriculum. This type of policy can also make sense when used to eliminate activities and celebrations designed for older audiences that preschoolers cannot understand."
  • "Display a multi-cultural calendar to help all families stay aware of important cultural events for the rest of the year. Treat the needs of different families about religious or holiday celebrations with flexibility. Consider offering floating holidays as part of your paid holiday schedule."
  • "Anti-bias early education and holiday celebrations: Staying neutral. Implement a “staying neutral” policy. Not only does this policy address holidays based on a particular religion, it means no birthday celebrations, Halloween costume parades, Valentine exchanges or Thanksgiving feasts. Staying neutral is a great way to truly follow an anti-bias curriculum based on developmentally appropriate practices."

My clients would freak if I cut out our celebrations. It is a big draw, here. If I don't do it I lose points on my ratings and state listing, injuring my business. It seems I can't win either way, here. Thoughts?
I wrote a big paragraph about my true feelings about this level of micromanagement then I erased it. It just came out so negative. Sorry.

And I think our state is going to start QRIS. Words cannot describe.