View Single Post
Unregistered 01:30 AM 08-09-2019
I thought about it after I wrote the question and I should have asked if it is common to do group toilet breaks throughout the day- without adding in my story (as conclusions can be jumped to). Thank you for all those who took the time to respond.

And no.... I don’t expect the childcare provider to take him every 20 minutes. We are way beyond that point. I did that when I was first training him. I do have experience with children, multiple children too. I was a professional nanny for over 20 years. I have trained many children throughout this time.. My son is potty trained. He tells me (or his dad, or his grandmother when he has to go). We just took a flight to the UK (where we are now on holiday) and he has told all of his immediate family members when he has to go.... He is surely potty trained. I didn’t even question that the provider has him wear a pull up. It says in her handbook that the child will wear a pull up until they are two weeks dry. That is a complete NON issue. I understand he can’t go wetting on her floor (he doesn’t poop at daycare- he has held that in since he was 2, waiting until he arrives home). I was just wondering if it was normal for a younger three to be completely on their own when it comes to the toilet. I was just wondering what the consensus was. And you know the difference a year makes in a child’s development, so it is hard to compare to a 4 year old.
My son is introverted and it is really hard for him to speak up in a louder environment. We are a house of introverts, actually. The positive is that he is a good listener and is very calm, easy going. The downside is, he has a hard time speaking up. I was not asking the provider to take him every 20 minutes or even every hour. I was only asking if she sees him doing a dance (I didn’t ask her, she told she sees him doing the dance and misses him- because it is busy), if she could tell him to go to the toilet. And I asked her is she could send him every so often- which really just means before lunch, nap, or whenever it is convenient. And he does hold it for hours, so he doesn’t have a need to go every 20 minutes.
And when I asked her if some time has passed, if she could send him to the toilet (he can do everything on his own, he just needs a stool to hop on the toilet), she said the baby kept her busy- as he is starting to walk.
I just thought it was a strange response, when you are responsible for the well being of all 6 children. And no, there is not any hidden issues or animosity that someone may be hoping to find.