View Single Post
jen 09:22 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by suzyQ:
Hello everyone, I am a concern parent. I don't know if any of you ever have this problem with your child's daycare or have any advice for me. I am concern about my child coming home everyday with sand in her head. she is two years old. Everday she comes she has sand on her face and in her head. I call the daycare, they said they have sand boxes and the children love to play in them. I told them I do not want my child to play in the sand, because it can get into her eyes. they said there's nothing they can do about it because its a requirement. what must I do? If I take her out of the daycare, I would have to continue paying the daycare until they find someone to replace my child. That what they said, but I dont remember reading anything like that.
Find your contract, I'm sure there is a policy on removing your child from care. There is no way in the world that they can force you to continue to pay indefinitely.

If you don't want your child to play in the sand, by all means pull her. If you chose to continue in a group daycare situation, please be aware that your child needs to participate in group activities, which, as long as they are safe, you will have little say over...most daycares have sand boxes or go to the park where there is sand and dirt. If you want to avoid these things, you will most likely need to hire a nanny to stay home with her.

Nanny's are meant for Mom's like yourself that want to have more control over their childs day. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.