View Single Post
JoseyJo 04:53 PM 07-11-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

Okay then.

Say "not telling the truth" or "not true" or "fib" or "falsehood" or "tall tale" or WHATEVER...it's still accurate (assuming you did not in fact hurt their body)

but for the love of all things shiny, WHY is saying the word "lie" WORSE than encouraging teasing, bullying, mocking, and namecalling?
Not saying the word "lie" is a bad word- just that the sentence- "That is a LIE. I did not hurt you and you know it."- depending on the tone, may sound really bad coming back out of a child's mouth. When I read that sentence I read into it a lot of attitude and a tone of voice I wouldn't want any of my dc parents to hear me using w/ their child. It may be that you don't say it that way at all.

I guess it may really depend on the tone, same as the Nanny De advice. I am not sure about calling the child by the word/phrase you dont like or nicknaming them it. I don't really understand how that would work/help. But I DO I think there is more to it than we are understanding by reading about it.

I would NEVER tease, mock, bully, or name call anyone, let alone a child! And I would never encourage anyone to tease anyone else. I was bullied as a child and will not stand for it!

To me it seems like it would work the same as saying something really silly when a child asks for the 100th time what we are having for lunch. Taking the power out of the question (that is not really a question after you have answered it the first time, it is just an inappropriate attention getter) by making it into something more appropriate.

- On a side note- My "mommy, mommy" little one started it up after nap when he was still tired but needed to head to the bathroom to go potty (we are potty training I started singing the silly mommy mommy song and he stopped the whine/cry and started singing it with me, giggled, and said I was silly Then he went in and went potty and when about his day!