View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:21 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I like the idea of adding a no food or drink from home policy! I recently added the blanket/toy ban to my policy but after over a year of allowing it I don't think taking it away now will go over very well 😬 I've had differences on and off with this family so I'm sort of just counting the days until he goes to school! Do you think they'd get the hint if I just rinsed the cup and put it with his "take home" stuff right away?
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Also, I do only allow the blankie at nap time so that helps but I still think it's yucky!
Could you tell them it's causing issues for the other kids (under 5 yrs old) as they don't understand?

I've even used the allergy reasoning for why food/drink can not come and go and if it's really important for the child to have his cup of milk on the way home from daycare, mom or dad can certainly bring it to work with them and store it at work in the break room fridge until it's the end of the day and then they can grab it and bring it with them for pick up....they allowed him to have the habit so they can manage it too...

As for the blanket, maybe just tell them you had a bad experience or know a provider that had issues with lice and bed bugs so you are now going to ban them being brought back and forth for EVERYONE. That way the family wont feel signaled out. Plus it's a good time to try and wean him from having o bring it back and forth since he more than likely wont have that option in Kindy...