View Single Post
Unregistered 08:16 PM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Is she picking the book? What is she into? Mabey its more that she needs the right book. Hey! I got it! try a book on tablet tricks or tricks for a game on the tablet she likes. Anything to get her reading.
Yep, the book is up to her. All summer she fought it too, but she knew every day that we would have 30 minutes of reading. Yet she still wouldn't bring a book to read, so Id get out a whole big stack of books I read when I was her age and tell her she could pick what she wanted to read since she didn't bring her own book. She complained so hard about not liking any of those books, but STILL wouldn't bring her own. And its the same since school started. She told me one day that she left the book on the bus, and the next day she left it at school. So I showed her the big pile of books she could choose from and she basically refused to read that day. Gave so much attitude about it that she lost her tablet time. But then the next day I got a text from her mom asking me to please let her have plenty of time to draw for a newsletter thing. She drew one picture and thought she was done and then when she got the tablet out I reminded her that it was reading time and she said, "But I don't have to read today!" Just then her dad arrived to pick her up, so I wasn't able to go any further with that conversation. But I'm wondering if her mom told her she wouldn't have to or something since she'd asked me to let her have plenty of time to draw.