View Single Post
Ariana 05:15 AM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I understand your guilt. I was involved with a similar situation, although ours was mostly the result of a miscommunication, rather than such disorganization, but I still feel terrible about it, even though the child was found almost immediately and the parent (another teach from a different room) wasn't even upset once he was found. My blame involved not being specific enough with an aide, who I told could "take him" when she left for the day, as he was my last kid. I meant take him to his mother, but she just let him come out with her and then left him in the hallway with the director--who was not aware he was being left with her, I guess. Either way, it was only the aid's 3rd day, although she had worked there summers before, and she wasn't even 18, yet, so it was 100% my responsibility and I feel bad about it to the point that I am now super paranoid about pick-up, drop-off, and class transitions for fear a child will slip out. Especially when I am in a room alone, this would put me in the position of either letting them run, or leaving my other children unattended in a classroom.
I remember those centre days. The never ending counting and recounting kids. Its why I hate taking my current kids to the park even though I only have 5. Too stressful.