Thread: Assistants
View Single Post
BrynleeJean 01:19 PM 02-01-2018
Originally Posted by mamamanda:
I've had two assistants at different times & both of them were wonderful. One helped me out during the summer time when I had a really full group & the other helped me during pregnancy when I was very weak. I've never had more children enrolled at one time than what I can legally have by myself so if they did call in we were still ok legally. I've had to cancel appts due to calling off once or twice though. I hired people that I knew personally or who came highly recommended from someone who I trust. I wouldn't put up with very many call offs b/c I wouldn't feel able to rely on the person. I don't know about finding subs. Do you have a local childcare resource that you could call for referrals?
my Licensing office.? i don't think they'd be of any help but who knows, maybe ill call them today and find out.

Im planning on opening a 0-18month program in august (I'm temp closed since my son was born) and because of my own children counting in the ratio, i can only take 3 others, with an assistant i can take 8 others. i didnt do this last time i just stayed above 18 months so i could have a better ratio but 0-18 is really in need in my area and i got calls for that age all the time when i was open last time so hoping this works out, just needing a reliable system