View Single Post
spud912 01:27 PM 08-14-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I don't think there is any excuse... where I am from it can be EXTREMELY hot in the summers (110) and our winters are brutal (-31) with crazy amounts of snow. On "nice" days we spend almost the entire day outside (evento do lunches, art/crafts time, story time, etc) - unless there is an extreme weather warning to keep children in, on days where it's too hot/too cold we go out in 10-15 minute increments until it adds up to at least 30 minutes.

I hear providers complain way too often that it's not worth dressing the kids up/down for just 10 or 15 minutes of outdoor time, but I think that's just a lazy excuse. I do it for 5 months of the year each winter.
Wow, I never knew that Canada could get to 110 . I lived in Wisconsin (the most northerly state I lived in) a loooonng time ago and remember it getting in the 90's, sometimes low 100's with humidity and it was MISERABLE because nobody had a/c.

Yeah, last week the high was 115-120 degrees (and hitting 105-110 by 8/9 am), it was too hot to be outside, even for 15 minutes. I'm all for going outside in small increments and doing water activities, but the severe heat advisories kept us in . The best part of Arizona is that we can be outside all day in January with a light coat with highs hitting sometimes in the 70's in December and January.