View Single Post
My3cents 10:53 AM 07-01-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
For ladies who have done ten years or more of IN HOME child care, may I ask your opinion

Of the last ten years of experience can you tell me the percentage of kids in your child care who are well behaved, respectful, calm, kind, good eaters, and sleep well? I am not good with percents so I will just answer in general....most of my kids have been good or after a while with me transition into better then when they started with me.

Out of that percentage can you tell me what percent of their parents do you believe were doing a good job as parents? Meaning they disciplined fairly, had expectations of good behavior, fed healthy food, kept kids clean in well fitted clothing, expected reasonable sleep... rest schedules, expected manners.. and spent a good amount of awake time with their kids. I would say most parents do the best that they can with what they have and it depends on many factors. It might be because I don't want to work with the loonies- way out there parents. I don't always agree with others parenting styles but have to take a step back and tell myself this is how the parent is deciding to raise their own kid, not the way I would but that is ok- at my house we go by my rules.

Now the same question of the last five-years.the last five years there is no doubt that cell phones and being hooked to the internet and www has had influence on how parents parent. Many of them use the Tv, computer, games as sitters for the kids. I have good parents that spend time with the kids but no doubt is that time managed differently in the last five years as technology has been more assessable to everyone. It is just where our world has moved too. I say you keep up and move with it or you get left behind and are doing catch up like a crazy person. Change is hard for all-

Now the same questions of the last year. I lumped my answer in with the five year response

Last question. In your entire experience of ten years plus... what percentage of kids have you had where the parents were what you would consider top quality parents but had kids with poor behavior over the years you had the kids?
for sure..... but it varies and depends on so many variables. I have top notch parents. I find saying the word NO to the kids has become more of a taboo in todays world. Parents are afraid to do this, they want instant gratification and not to have to deal with little wonderful having a screaming fit or hurt feelings or being let down. I do feel this will change as more people figure out its not realistic and sets up little wonderful to be disillusioned,defunct etc... I find instant gratification has taken away true "hard workers" and allowed a society of lazy people that have little self worth-

This is just my 3cents.....I understand 97 other cents out there to listen too.....ha ha and I do listen, maybe I don't agree but I listen.

It will be interesting to see what you do with all of this Nan, hope you will share. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help % wise