View Single Post
dalman 01:32 PM 07-01-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
For ladies who have done ten years or more of IN HOME child care, may I ask your opinion

Of the last ten years of experience can you tell me the percentage of kids in your child care who are well behaved, respectful, calm, kind, good eaters, and sleep well?
The last ten years would be about 90%. The last five years would be about 50%. And the last year would be about 30%.
Out of that percentage can you tell me what percent of their parents do you believe were doing a good job as parents? Meaning they disciplined fairly, had expectations of good behavior, fed healthy food, kept kids clean in well fitted clothing, expected reasonable sleep... rest schedules, expected manners.. and spent a good amount of awake time with their kids.
Out of those children in the 90% category, 100% of those parents were doing a terrific job. The last five years and past year it would say that 100% of the parents in the corresponding percentages were doing a great job.

Now the same question of the last five-years.

Now the same questions of the last year.

Last question. In your entire experience of ten years plus... what percentage of kids have you had where the parents were what you would consider top quality parents but had kids with poor behavior over the years you had the kids?
. i would say that poor parenting is a direct correlation to poor behavior in children. After being a licensed daycare provider for almost thirty years, I feel I am parenting the parents as much as I am parenting the children. I don't know what went wrong with this generation, but there certainly seems to be a steady decline in parenting skills. And I am picky for the most part about who joins our daycare family. We all seem to share the same beliefs and core values, but they seem to be at a loss when it comes to parenting.