View Single Post
cheeseheadmama 09:19 AM 02-06-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Oh, I didn't mean she should offer 3 days....I just meant I, personally, only do 3 days min and wouldn't have let that mom get as far as she did changing her schedule like that.

She (the mom) should consider herself lucky the OP allowed her to schedule the way she did when I think most care places wouldn't have been so accommodating.

Honestly, the 2 half days she is giving now seems like way too much work for the money as it is.
You are right. I should never have let her drop down to 2 days but since they are twins they represented 2/3 of my income at that time and that scared the crap out of me. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to fill the spots within a few weeks so am feeling much better about just letting them move on.

I sent an email this morning telling her that 2 days were the minimum I was willing to accommodate and if she insisted on 1 day then the last day of care would be 2/17. I feel like this is the best for me right now and I don't expect them to stay. They are the kind of family that believes that I work FOR instead of WITH them and I have had enough.