Thread: Xmas Presents
View Single Post
jen 06:56 AM 12-11-2009
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:
I'd bet that PB&J is more food, and better for them than they are getting at home.

Never could figure that out.. (parents that can't "afford" to feed their kid lunch)...school lunch is CHEAP! $2 is what ours cost, and that includes an entree, veggie, fruit, and milk.
How many kids do you have? Don't get me wrong...I completely believe that they are MY children and MY responsbility to feed...however, for people who have had set-backs and have more than one child, lunch can get expensive. I've got 3 kids, lunch is 2.20/day, so if there are 20 school days in a month, the minimum is $132.

HOWEVER, our school has revamped the lunch menues to focus more on fruits and vegetable, and less on meats. Which is fine, unless you are 15, the starting point guard for the basetball team, and STARVING. In which case, you will also be paying for a 2nd entree...an additional $1.50 per day...

My biggest pet peeve...that they are offering additional "sides" of fruit roll-up, pop-tarts, cookies, water bottles....I called and put a hold on my kids account because they were going through lunch money like crazy!