View Single Post
TwinKristi 12:22 PM 06-18-2014
I have unpaid vacation in my contract, I took 1 week during the summer and 2 weeks off at Christmas last year. The Christmas thing only worked out because my FT family left for preschool the week before Xmas and my other DCKs mom was off anyway and the other DCK was after school and didn't come when school was out. It sucked pay wise but it was a wonderful break.
I haven't taken any time off yet this year and don't know that I will since our schedule has been crazy. I have a new family starting soon and don't know how that would work since I'm required to give families 30 days notice and don't have anything planned. I was considering taking the week of Thanksgiving off but that's still up in the air.

Anyway, I know plenty of providers who have paid vacations on here so it's not out of the norm. I would probably hope the family doesn't choose me anyway if they don't think I deserve a week off UNPAID now and then. Do they get paid vacation at their job? Most likely! Why don't you deserve it?