View Single Post
ecemom 05:12 PM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by KiddieCare:
The original poster said that she was calling the provider and giving her updates on her child, as a provider even if it wasnt discussed unless i had a WRITTEN notice from the parent then i would assume that they were coming back because of the updates and would hold the spot for them at the full fees that they agreed too..If mom had asked for a discount during any of the phone calls i would consider it IF the parent was a good client..If the mom hadnt called the daycare at all during that time then i would have implemented the 10 day no call no show termination, but thats not what happened,
As a mother of 4 i am constantly shocked and surprised at some of the things parents do/dont do for their children..
To the poster who said she would be taking her sick child to daycare to 'stick it to her provider' for charging for sick days, 'how awfull for you poor child', that you would make a child thats not feeling well attend anything rather than stay home like a good mother and nurish and care for your child is heartbreaking.. As a daycare provider, it's parents like you who are imature,irresponsible and disrespectful that causes so much illness in daycares. If a parent knowingly medicates a child to mask a sickness so they can attend my daycare is grounds for immidiate termination with the 2 weeks termination fee owed! By ringing sick kids you are not only exposing me my family but also all the hard working other families in my care..My first thought and worries are for the kids, i hate to see a child sick, and i am truly disgusted that parents,any parents would,will and do put their wallets before that of their kids..how sad..

I agree!!!

I also charge for days when the child does not come. I do offer my families 1 week per year of unpaid vacation if they schedule it ahead of time. The fact is that it is THE PARENT'S responsibility to communicate to the provider their intention to withdraw from care. If the parents are calling to update the provider of their child's status, that would indicate to me, as a provider, that they are going to be returning once the child is healthy enough, and thus, the 10 day abandonment rule, would not apply. Now if I hadn't heard from anyone in 10 days with an update, I would assume they were not coming back and I would fill the spot. In my opinion, the provider was being pretty understanding holding your spot for you for 5 weeks without payment. It is their right to request a quick payment plan. Sorry!