View Single Post
judytrickett 07:45 AM 08-06-2010
Well, legally I don't think you have any grounds as you received a full refund of monies paid.

And, although you are entitled to your belief systems I have to say that if a parent displayed any discriminatory qualities I might have done just the same.

I guess for me it's not about religious beliefs but more of a standpoint of seeing it as discrimination against gays and lesbians and not wanting your child 'subject' to that.

I think it is our job as "teachers" to young children to foster acceptance of ALL religions, cultures and lifestyles. It is our job to teach children that differences should be embraced and not shunned or silenced. Understanding that everyone is different is HEALTHY and gives a child a more realistic impression of the world they will enter in adulthood.

I know I am not adequately conveying what I am trying to say but all in all, if I had a huge philosophical difference with a parent I too, would bid you farewell and wish you the best in securing other daycare.

Perhaps if you sought out a faith-based daycare you might find it fits your needs and philosophical beliefs better.