View Single Post
Michael 03:50 PM 08-09-2010
I am reopening this thread because hutchison4life emailed me. Here is the email:

Hi Michael,
It looks like I stirred up a hornets nest. FYI, I'm not a forum troll. I did not expect so many posts, many of which were off point.
I was going to respond with more info. about myself and the situation but I guess you've locked out the thread from further comments. Many assume that I'm some sort of bigot, homo-phob, or religious zealot, which could not be further from the truth.

I'm a San Francisco native and moved a couple of years ago. I've not lived that lifestyle, but I lived in a place that was very much. I respect people enough to not interfere or judge them for there choices. I follow the rule, "live and let live". Unfortunately there are those who think that is not enough and believe otherwise. Hence the 777 act passed in CA. 2 years ago.

Although I did not read all of the posts the preponderance of many were of concern to me and confirm my suspicion of some educators to be more inclined to explore those topics with children.

Many seem to take upon themselves to educate those things that should be explained by parents. As I explained to my sons teacher.

Yours,
hutchenson4life

P.S. I was at work when I posted, which was Friday. My son's Birthday was Sunday, he turned 4, I had alot going on the weekends. I also work on a computer all day, everyday, so am not very inclined to get on the internet when i'm home.
Thank you for contacting me, and I've read many more posts and was appreciative of reading most who had something to say. I realize this is a hot topic these days, but I don't think it should be. I really viewed my original post as an innocent request from the teacher/administrator. I view Gay pride as an example of ground hog day, Presidents dDy, it's part of our society. Whether one accepts or not.