Thread: The Mine-o-Saur
View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:36 PM 03-16-2018
We had a workshop presenter put sharing into perspective for us. He asked for one of the attendees' keys to their new truck. After she expressed surprise and started asking questions like why, what are you going to do, etc., he showed us how we could relate that to a dck being asked to share something with another child.

If dcks start calling our stuff theirs and not letting anybody play with any of it, I will remind them, as a PP did, that it's not theirs, it's mine and I'm choosing to share with everyone. I try to have multiples of most things like cars, Little People, dinosaurs, so that everyone has some. If a dck wants a doll another dck has, I'll point out that there are still 4 other dolls. 'But I want that one!' Uh, no, dcg has it. I don't make dcks share unless I only have 1 of something, then we'll use a timer.
As for ages, my 3.5 yos are still very much like that. I also have a 4.5 yo that will try to claim back something she might have been paying with 10 minutes ago but left.