View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 09:27 PM 12-16-2014
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
He gets one bottle (although I don't know how many ounces) at home at 7 am. He arrives at daycare at 8:15. He gets a container of fruit at 8:30. Then his 8 oz. bottle at 9:30. Then the parents don't want him to eat until 12:30 (4 hours from the time he had his fruit). But he's hungry at 10. I usually hold him off until 10:30. And give him a bottle at 10:30 and then he eats his veges at 11:00 (if he's picked up at 11:30 that day). If he's not picked up til 3:30, I hold him off until 11:30 and feed him his veges at 11:30. He's then hungry at 1:30, but I hold him off until 2:00 and give him his snack bottle at 2.

I'm confused. He gets a bottle before daycare. Then gets another bottle at 9:30 and then another bottle at 10:30 and then another bottle at 2:00... With baby food at 8:30, baby food at 11:30... Good gracious that is an aweful LOTTTTT OF FOOD. His tummy never gets to get empty. I'm thinking now the child is crying because his stomach hurts... Yikes... How many ounces of baby food per feeding is he getting??
He's eating constantly throughout the day, but he's only eating/drinking one thing at a time which is not enough to fill him up. And I really think he needs cereal with his breakfast and maybe also his lunch as well as probably needs the next stage of food.

I have to take my daughter to the doctor's tomorrow. I will stop and buy him some food tomorrow. I will also tell his parents about me being required to provide the food and feed him according to the food program's requirements tomorrow and see how they react.
I answered in bold this doesn't sound like under feeding. At all

But regardless I don't allow parents to send pre made bottles or REFUSE to send formula when I request it.

Food program demanding a double serving of meat at lunch at 8 months??