View Single Post
Laurel 06:49 AM 05-21-2015
Originally Posted by Crazy Baby:
It's mostly parent wanting to make me feel bad about making them pay for days that they do not come. They are "giving me a break.". Wrote me out an itemized list of what days will be paid for and what days not. I had to remind parent that holidays are still payed for but I know parent is going to give me grief about it. I'm safe because it is in my contract, it's just annoying to have to have these conversations.
Then don't have the conversation.

IF and only if you want to give them an explanation you could use this one for them not paying for days because it is "giving you a break". Sorry, had to make a face before I continued. These people are as dumb as rocks....

Okay then. You could say "The reason I do that is for the same reason that you probably wouldn't work for a company if your boss said that you could take the day off (without pay to give you a break) or leave early and work less hours (and paid for less hours)." Sometimes they 'get it' when it is compared to their situation. They don't want their boss to cut their hours to give them a break. They don't want a 'short check'. If you wanted that, you'd take a part time job.

We get paid for holidays because they do and it is a customary practice in the U.S. Sheesh.

YOUR parents are getting ME mad!!!

Laurel