View Single Post
Thriftylady 02:04 PM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
She does point to the contract and says "This means that". Uh, well, OK. That's not how I interpreted it.

This whole thread is another difference of opinion. If she had in there about accrued PTO and three month rule then it would be different, but she doesn't. It just says "I take time off over Christmas and I get paid".

And sadly I paid my deposit in cash. I quickly learnt to pay her by cheque as she'd "forget" that I gave her the cash.
Sounds like you have learned many lessons as far as payment. For the future, if you pay cash get a receipt. I always give my families one if they pay in cash and offer one if they pay by check. Many times with check they don't want it but they know I will give it.

As far as the other, I would just pay the two weeks and call it good. I wouldn't pay the vacation. If the contract says two weeks and you gave it and are paying it, then you have done your deal. If she takes you to court, the judge will decide. But if her contract is vague or the stuff isn't there you will most likely win. Honestly if I was in your shoes, I would fulfill my two weeks notice and move on. I say this of course based only on what you have said the contract contains.