Thread: Do Parents Pay?
View Single Post
Preschool/daycare teacher 04:46 PM 08-03-2011
Is Funshine a little advanced for that age group 1.5-3.5? Or do they offer one for toddlers? I had thought about using them last year, but was afraid it'd be too advanced for my 2 1/2 - 3 yr olds. I ended up going with Twosteps for them (have you checked them out? Their website is www.funsteps.com) and funsteps for the 4-5 yr olds. It had very little prep work involved. Twosteps was perfect for the age group I used it for, and think it'd work really well for younger toddlers as well. I know you already mentioned it to your parents, but wanted to let you know, I charged the parents a monthly curriculum fee to cover it, and also asked them to supply the usual school supplies (scissors, glue, markers, etc). None of them complained and they all seemed to appreciate it more and take more of an interest in their child's day. I figure it was because an additional cost was attached to it, so they took their child's preschool learning more serious Whereas when they get preschool included in their weekly rate, they seem to just take it for granted and forget that their child is even doing preschool (last yr was my first year using a boxed curriculum). I'm not going to use one this year, though, and I already regret THAT decision! I almost wish I could charge the parents a "home-made curriculum fee" to cover the extra hours I have to spend coming up with my own. Not to mention the extra ink and paper involved, more craft materials, etc out of my own pocket You will not be sorry that you went with a boxed curriculum. It is very much worth it!