Thread: Xmas Presents
View Single Post
Chickenhauler 06:32 PM 12-16-2009
Originally Posted by DBug:
This discussion really makes me appreciate being Canadian -- where any school that has a cafeteria is either a high school or a private one. There is no way I could trust my 7 and 9 year old boys to make good decisions in a lunch line. My oldest would likely go without, and pocket the money to save up for the latest toy!

Whether it's cheaper or not, I much prefer having the control over what my kids are being offered to eat!
Wait, let me get this straight....because Canadian schools offer no hot lunch program for students, that somehow makes them better??????

Most schools have a charge-type system, so you don't have to send cash on a daily basis for the little thief to skim from, they have accounts, tickets, etc.

Before you bash our school lunch program, you should do some research into what's being offered to them....it's not twinkies, big mac's and soda they're getting, but a main entree (pizza, burger, open faced meat sammich, meatloaf, etc), a fruit, a veggie, milk and usually a potato of some variety (mashed is a fav).

Whether they eat it all or not, that's something that no parent can control once they're out of our sight.