View Single Post
TGT09 11:32 AM 02-26-2010
Actually 2 policies in my handbook are: No green snot (which I have since learned is no worse than clear snot because even clear snot can be contagious) and if their nose is constantly running they are not allowed to come....I do not have time to run after a child all day to wipe their nose.

As for just having snot everywhere....I HATE it! I'm a little of a germaphobe so I have to wash my hands like 10 million times a day and use hand sanitizer another 10 million times a day! Most parents understand it but once in a while I get the parents that try to drop off or call and say stuff like "little susie has a loud raspy cough and constant snot, can she come?" UHHH NO!

I recently had a mom that thought it was ok NOT to tell me her daughter had a fever off and on, a serious cough and tons of sneezing. About an hour after she got there and I saw all the symptoms I had to call Mom back to come get her....ended up she had RSV and in that short amount of time she gave it to another child here. Boy was I not a happy camper!