View Single Post
QualiTcare 05:11 PM 07-31-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
I did thank God everyday that I had daycare kids in my care. Although I shut down only a week ago (health / high risk pregnancy), I knew that each and every day, I was giving my DC kids something that their parents could not (and in some cases, would not) give them at home - whether it was stability, a man role-model (my husband, in the evenings), love, attention, affection, life skills training (baking a cake, grocery shopping, loading a dishwasher, etc), or whatever need I was able to fill. They all loved me. i can not think of even one who did not. I have been told that I am the bestest cooker in the world, the funnest mom, the coolest daycare, etc.

I just wish that we, as a society, would get back to the old ways of raising families. You know, where daycares were not needed. Moms could stay home because dads "manned up" and took care of the family they made. I think I mentioned it once before, if the women who wanted to stay at home just left their jobs (go on strike), then it would free up a lot of jobs for men and start a reversal of the current unemployment rate and breath a whole new life into our economy. Am I glad that people needed daycare so I could stay home and get paid to do something I love? Absolutely! But do I wish daycares were not needed and that children were instead being raised by their own parents? You bet. I think it would be the absolutely, hands-down best reason to be out of a job!

I loved your post and can not wait to hear (or read) more from you in the future.
daycares weren't just not needed because men "manned up" but also because women were oppressed. women fought for years to be able to have the same jobs as men (even though they STILL don't get paid the same) so obviously if "the good old days" were THAT good - they wouldn't have worked so hard to change the way things were.

i really don't see how women who DO want to stay at home quitting their jobs would do anything for them unless it was their own husband that was unemployed and took the job! some people can't afford to go a month or even a week without working.

raising your kids might be a good reason to be out of a job (which is a matter of opinion because you can do both) but not everyone has family support - financially or otherwise. they HAVE to pay their own bills and they HAVE to use daycare - unless they want to live in a shelter.